This originally appeared on BeautyRSVP.com, an online magazine based out Toronto. Click here to see the full article!
We love summer: the beach, the patio dinners, and the sundresses. The humidity, however, is not our favorite. Fighting the frizz is a challenge.
If you have naturally soft, manageable hair year-round you’re blessed. However, if you have something that resembles a lion’s mane like I was gifted with, here are some great tried and true hacks on how to beat the heat this summer.
In the shower:
- Use a smoothing shampoo conditioner. Going back to basics, Herbal Essence’s Smooth Collection is a fantastic (and super affordable) go to.
- Rinse with cold water! I can’t stress this one enough. It seals the cuticle preventing static and poof. You’ll feel the difference in your hair immediately.
- Don’t towel-wrap your hair. Instead, squeeze access water out in sections using a towel. Blotting will gently dry your hair without causing friction which leads to a static and breakage.
- Comb using a wide-toothed comb.
- The real key for avoiding frizz is finding an anti-frizz serum or cream. My tried and true favorite product is John Frieda’s Frizz Ease Miraculous Recovery serum. Distribute a couple of pumps through your hair while it’s still wet while focusing on your trouble areas (for instance bangs or side pieces that frame your face). This serum is also great for touch ups throughout the day on dry hair as well – just use more sparingly.
See more at Beauty RSVP!
What are your go-to products for summer humidity? I’d love to hear them. Be sure to comment and subscribe for updates!