It almost doesn’t feel right to call this one a “tutorial” because it is honest to goodness the easiest way to style your hair in under 5 minutes using just a headband. I’ve seen similar posts floating around Pinterest for sometime – though it always seemed that bands being used were plain since they have to be elastic. While at DSW last week I lucked out and found a couple of fun, detailed designs which were on elastic bands ($6) – bingo!
This style is as easy as it gets:
- Place the band around the crown of your head – not across the forehead, but quite literally as if it were a crown (this should come natural beauty queens 🙂 )
- Taking one piece sections from the center of your face going outward, tuck and pull through the elastic band.
- Repeat, repeat, repeat on both left and right sides.
- Now it’s time to decide whether you want to go for option A or B.
- If you choose A, simply continue pulling and tucking pack sections which follow the line of the elastic until you complete this pattern the entire way around. This will leave you with a nice some up, some down style. If you have longer hair this might be the best option since you don’t have to worry about pinning the entire length of your hair up.
- If you choose B, as you pass your ear level begin grabbing larger sections of hair from below the elastic line and above the nape of your neck. Continue the pattern. Near the end you will be left with a long tail of hair which will no longer be able to pull through. With this, simply pick up the remainder of the hair and tuck it along and inside the pouch you’ve created between the elastic and your head.
- With both A and B – secure with bobby pins and hairspray, and voila!