Whether you’re looking to add a fun and feminine flare to your hairdo or are gearing up for festival season, adding flowers in your hair is a classic and easy way to pull your look together. Major bonus – just by using a few supplies from the craft store, bobby pins, and a hot glue gun, you can achieve this look for under $5!
What you’ll need
- Fake flowers (I found these at Walmart for $1 per bunch!)
- Craft pearls (again, only a couple of dollars at the craft store)
- Bobby pins
- Hot glue gun and sticks
- Pick off the flowers from their stems. With most artificial flowers they’ll pop off, but if not trim them so that you have about 1cm of stem left to work with.
- Add a small amount of hot glue to the inner crux of the bending end of the bobby pin.
- Open the bobby pin at the other end allowing room to slide the flower through.
- Push the flower stem to the end into the hot glue.
- Hold for a few seconds to assure it stays in place as it cools.
- As you can see in the picture the flowers are angled to the side of the bobby pin. This ensures they stay put (with the help of the glue) and can easily be added as finishing touches to your style!
- The same can be done for pearls – just add a touch of hot glue to the very end instead of inside. And voila! So quick, easy, and affordable!
This DIY is definintely not restricted to flowers and pearls only. Jazz up bobby pins using whatever you can think of to make the look your own! You can wear these in a ton of different styles – tucking them into the base of your pony, in some-up-some-down, and of course in a flower crown.